I know I’ve been babbling a lot about projects I PLAN to accomplish. With all my projects approaching in the coming months, I thought I would share with you a past DIY project.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, our current dining table is a rescued piece from my aunt’s basement. Around the time I was moving to my first apartment, my aunt was redoing her kitchen. Her old dining table (most likely about the age of me) became banished to the basement along with the matching chairs. I took the table, but abandoned the windsor chairs(not my style whatsoever). With the finish of the table-top so degraded and damaged, its no wonder that my aunt felt it was time to replace it. I purchased relatively inexpensive chairs from Target and had lofty plans to refinish the table to match their reddish mocha finish.
It took me almost 4 years, but just about a year ago, I found the time to take my first adventure into furniture stripping. I couldn’t be more pleased with the result!
Hopefully the new house will allow me the opportunity to show you some even greater transformations!