After a week away from reality in Cancun, it’s time to get my head back in the game.
I’m really excited about some of the cool pictures I got on vacation, including the one above. Finally, I’m feeling as though my photo skills are looking up. Why the sudden change in outlook? Well, having the right tools really helps.
I am please to say, I can already cross 2 items off my 30 before 30 list
4. Buy a ‘big girl’ camera
5. Take a photography class (to learn how to use said ‘big girl’ camera)
A few days before vacation, I got my new toy: a Sony NEX 5n. I shot using the auto mode all vacation, but I have yet to really unleash it’s full power with the manual settings. Right around the time I ordered my camera, Living Social was offering a local 3 hour digital photography workshop. Deal! The workshop yesterday was exactly what I was hoping for. I am now enlightened about HOW to use all the manual settings. Now all I have to do is play around with the camera and figure out the best settings to get the aesthetic I’m looking for. Later this week, I’ll share some of my experimental photoshoots.
I can’t wait to work it all out and start sharing with you a much higher caliber of photos!
Just over a month ago, I celebrated the big 2-8. 2 more years until the big 3-0.
I don’t find the idea of turning 30 intimidating. A lot of my friends are currently hitting that milestone (Hubby’s turn is in November), so it’s made me think. Of course I want my life all figured out YESTERDAY, but realistically I seem to have a good thing going. That being said, there are certain things I would love to accomplish in the next few years (prior to offspring) and what better way to keep myself accountable than putting it in writing. on the interwebs. for all to see. I’d better not disappoint. I will, of course, keep you posted
- Host a formal dinner party
- Take a cross country road trip
- Get back in shape/live healthier
Buy a ‘big girl’ camera (completed June 2012)
Take a photography class (to learn how to use said ‘big girl’ camera) (completed June 2012)
- Start an etsy shop
- Have my home featured on a notable blog
- Have a room I designed featured on a notable blog
- Design a residential space that doesn’t belong to a friend or family member
- Build a piece of furniture
- Attend a blog conference
- Meet a blogger and/or designer that I admire
- Guest post on another blog
- Run another 5k (without knee issues)
- Visit Europe
- Go camping
- Visit the Brooklyn Flea Market
- Picnic in Central Park
- Get a 2nd tattoo (that is meaningful)
- Redesign my blog myself
- Visit New Orleans
- Explore my hometown
- Reupholster a chair (not just a cushion)
- Create an organized, creative, project/work area
- “Finish” designing our house
- Take a dance class
- Procrastinate less
- Take a weekend ski trip with Hubby
- Go cross country skiing
- Give blood